Date night has always been an important part of our marriage. We love having family time, but every once in awhile it is important for just the two of us to have time to ourselves. Especially when our kids were babies date night gave us the break we needed to be adults, to be together and not have the everyday distractions. But even now, with the kids being 7 and 5, we greatly appreciate the nights we get to do what we want to do!
Date Nights come in all shapes and sizes. Sometimes it’s a nice dinner out at one of our favorite restaurants. Sometimes we like going to a movie. But sometimes, especially this time of year, we like to keep things more simple so our funds can go toward Christmas gifts. So here is our list of some of our favorite inexpensive date ideas…
- Cook dinner together. (We recently made an entire steak dinner with sauteed mushrooms and onions, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and garlic bread for less than $20. For the same meal at our favorite steak house in town was over $65)
- Go for a drive.
- Sample Holiday drinks together.
- Play games. (Our favorites are Farkle, Gin Rummy, and Kings in the Corner)
- Sit out at the firepit and talk.
- Movie night in.
- Watch your favorite Vloggers (Jon Olsson, Roman Atwood, Shonduras, are a few of our favs)
- Go out for Coffee.
- Go get Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt.
- Work on a project together. (House project, craft project, yard project etc.)
- Go ice skating/rollerskating.
- Go sledding
- Go Skiing or Snowboarding.
- Do a morning date. (Breakfast out together is always wonderful!
- Take pictures of or, if you’re more artistic, paint the sunset together.
- Go to a pottery painting studio and paint together (or do your own at home)
- Go to local holiday events.
- Do your Christmas shopping, kid free!
- Go for a drive, while looking at Christmas lights, with coffee or cocoa.
- Go to Holiday Craft Fairs.
- Watch your childhood favorite Christmas movies.
- Decorate your Christmas tree.
- Wrap Presents while listening to Christmas music.
No matter what you do together it will be a time well spent. The time together is always much needed and always beneficial. Enjoy each other! What are some of your favorite things to do as a couple?