This time of year I always tend to get in the baking mood. I love the smell of fresh baked foods in my house. And even though the temperatures here in the Pacific Northwest are still in the 90’s, I am ready for fall. My most favorite time of the year. The smells, the trees changing colors, sweatshirts, fires in our wood stove, coffee, BAKING…all of it. I just love fall!
Banana bread is one of our families favorites, and we always seem to have a supply of extremely ripe bananas so it’s a win win! Even my son, the pickiest eater in the world and who claims to hate bananas, loves this banana bread. I like to make it in either a pie plate or a cake pan, but you can make it in a bread pan or even into cupcakes. No matter the shape, the taste will still be amazing! The crumble on top takes it to a completely new level. Check out the recipe below, give it a try, and let us know what you think!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease your pan.
- In a bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, brown sugar, nutmeg, egg, vanilla, and melted butter. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture and stir until smooth. Pour final mixture into your prepared pan.
- For your topping mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 1 tablespoon soft-melted butter. Mixture will be somewhat clumpy. Sprinkle on top of your banana mixture and evenly distribute.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-30 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool, serve, and ENJOY!